Arthritis is a general term that refers to painful inflammation and stiffness in the joints. There are more than 100 types of arthritis currently recognized by modern medicine, but when it comes right down to it, the common factor is inflammation.
Anywhere in your body where two bones meet, there is going to be some level of friction. Our bodies are designed to easily handle a certain amount of that friction. But in cases where it becomes too much, arthritis begins to develop and will continue to progress unless something is done.
One of the major factors that contributes to arthritis is poor posture. There’s a reason that we are drawn to people with excellent posture – it’s an indicator of excellent health! As posture becomes worse, the pressure and friction on all of your joints is increased.
The body’s response is to send extra calcium into the joints and muscles holding them up to protect the bones. This is similar to how a gymnast uses chalk dust to protect their hands on the uneven bars.
Calcium is not smooth and slick like the normal surfaces of a healthy joint though and only serves to slow down the damage that is happening.
Conventional medical “wisdom” recommends NSAID’s, corticosteroids, or analgesic drugs. These don’t offer any kind of real solution that will last more than a short time. The mechanics of the body must be changed!
Our physicians have a deep understanding of how the muscles and skeleton function together. They have developed an approach that uses a multidisciplinary approach to accurately diagnose what is causing your pain. We then create a plan to help your body work as it is supposed to.
We have many tools in our toolbox to make this happen:
- Non-steroidal injections to help relubricate stiff, achy joints.
- Trigger point injections to calm spasming stiff muscles.
- Chiropractic adjustments (when it comes to back and neck pain, this is one of the fastest, safest treatments available)
- Physio-rehab – our gentle stretching and exercise system retrains and strengthens your muscles gradually. We developed our system
- to be modified to fit any level of fitness, and to be adjusted to your particular needs. Injections and chiropractic care will get you out
- of pain, this is what will keep you there!
No two people are the same. Call us to schedule a complimentary consultation, and we can see if our approach might work for you.